DIGITAL MARKETING – LIVE CLASS
Online Digital Marketing Course
Step up to 21st Century Digital Marketing Skill
Over the last few years Digital Marketing in India has witnessed an exponential growth and by the end of the year, 2020 it is expected to generate over 20 Lac jobs per year. Hence, Career in Digital Marketing in India is gaining relevance. There is massive growth in how digital marketing budgets have grown over the years and are expected to take the lion’s share of marketing budgets in 2020. This, in turn, creates enormous job opportunities.
The classes are led by 5+ years industry experienced professionals in digital marketing domain.
Duration: 15 Days/ 30 Hours
Batch 1: 15 June 2020 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (English)
Last Date of Registration: 14th June 2020
- Introduction to Social Media
- Basics of Facebook
- FB page creation
- Creating Your First FB Post
- Creating an Event/Offer
- Understanding all the tabs
- FB paid promotions
- FB Ads Manager
- Instagram Basics
- Creating an Instagram Page
- Instagram Ads
- Youtube Basics
- Youtube Viral Content
Course Fee: | INR 1499
- What is social media marketing?
Ans: Social media marketing is a practice that consists of using social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others, in order to promote products or services to gain traffic and customers.
- Can we run a free contest on our Facebook Page where fans like and share our regular posts to win?
Ans: Knowing the rules and guidelines for each platform is absolutely necessary. Mainly to implement best practices, but also to avoid violating the terms of service, getting suspended or kicked off. The short answer to this question is “no”. Facebook fights against clickbait posts that encourage liking and sharing, but you can still run a proper contest and give additional points to those who engage on social media.
- Which key performance indicators do you consider to measure the performance of your social media initiatives?
Ans: Key performance indicators might depend on which social media platform one is using. Generally, the following KPIs should be considered.
- Number of views on videos or on SlideShare content
- Number of comments and mentions
- Number of clicks, likes, and shares
- Number of profile visits
- Number of active followers
- Traffic to the website from social media
There are other KPIs as well, which can be useful for tracking performance on social media seamlessly. The company must identify and target the right KPIs for determining the reach and engagement of the company on the various social media platforms.
- What are the elements of a viral video?
Ans: A viral video has a number of elements.
Target audience: The company needs to determine who all will be the audience for the content. Generally, it is better to have content that is universal rather than just catering to a niche crowd.
Time: The first 20 seconds of the video are crucial for making a video compelling since viewers usually decide in the first 20 seconds whether to continue watching the video or not.
Catchy: Video must carry a catchy phrase to strike the viewers’ imagination right from the beginning. Video titles, for instance, must be catchy enough to encourage viewers to click on the thumbnails and watch the video. An interesting description and meaningful tags can also help.
Distribution: Besides sharing the video on the relevant social media platform, one may also consider sending the video to bloggers, influencers, and journalists who will find the content relevant.
- How do you deal with negative comments or an online reputation crisis?
Ans: There is a list of things I do follow in order to tackle negative comments or an online reputation crisis such as:
Acting quick – Before the issue becomes big and become viral, respond appropriately and provide or promise a solution to the user or users. Respond to the posts or comments in a polite way with a relevant and convincing answer.
Not deleting it – Deleting it makes it look like their claim is real and we are afraid of truth going out.
Informing the management – to let them know the situation and let them share any of their ideas.
Responding to each complaint – to let the world knows you are not just a business to make money but care about their customers and trying best to give the best service possible.
Making one-page answer to all the questions they have – and promoting the page to rank on organically so when people search about it, they will be taken to the page instead of your social media channels. Even if users directly come to your social media page to ask about the issue, shift them from social media pages to take off the spotlight.
Showing the human side – by personalizing the message, not sounding like a bot, apologizing sincerely, don’t over-promise and show your human side.
- List down some of the popular social media tools.
Ans: Following are the top social media tools to use:
Social Clout: Social clout is a social media analytics tool which helps advertisers to track engagement and ROI.
OptinMonster: OptinMonster lets the advertiser engage with visitors at the perfect moment.
Audiense: Audiense is a social tool let’s you find new target audiences and categorize them.
Tweepi: Tweepi helps you find relevant users interested in the topic of yours. You can engage with the users, following them and eventually make them follow you.
Socedo: Socedo finds people who come under your buyer persona radius. After you find your audience, you can segregate them into multiple divisions, so you can promote content accordingly.
Socialbakers: Socialbakers is a set of tools to help you make decisions based on your followers. It lets you measure the performances against your social competitors.
ZeroFOX: ZeroFOX is a tool that helps companies to be safe against hackers.
Followerwonk: Followerwork helps you optimize your audience. It recommends you the people to follow.
CrowdBooster: This tool gets real-time data. You can then make reports with your KPI.
- How to use Social Media to help website blog promotion?
Ans: We can use the following strategies to utilize social media for blog promotion.
- Sharing and promoting content across various platforms such as Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Create a short video about the blog post and share on video sharing platforms such as YouTube.
- Convert them into infographics and share on sites such as Instagram
- Use different titles and descriptions based on the social media platform.
- Make different boards on Pinterest and promote on Pinterest.
- Use sites such as Slideshare and give a backlink to your blog post.
- Implementing social media sharing buttons on the blog.
- If the blog post mentions a popular celebrity, mentioning him/her might let him/her share the blog post from his/her social account.
- How long will it take to see results from social media marketing?
Ans: It depends on a lot of factors.
It also depends on what results actually means to your business. Engagement and leads might take longer and it’s about how good your content and strategy are. If you are looking for shares, fans, comments, other engagements you should see results in a month provided how engaging you and your content is.
It also depends on your budget. If you are ready to spend more money, the results will come way faster.
It also depends on the level of commitment and consistency.
- How to improve Facebook organic reach?
Ans: To improve Facebook organic reach, you need to share content which is specially designed to generate shares and attention. Take time and effort to engage with your audience. Increase your organic reach with paid promotion. Use Facebook as a community hub to connect with a lot of people. Collaborate with Facebook influencers so your business will be in the eyes of their followers. Find the right time to post on Facebook to improve your EdgeRank.
- What is Facebook EdgeRank? Why is it important?
Ans: Facebook EdgeRank is an algorithm created by Facebook to determine what users see in their news feed.
It gives value to each Facebook post depends on various factors. Facebook EdgeRank helps users to get content they will most likely to like and lets them spend more time and return to Facebook more often.
- How to improve your Facebook EdgeRank?
Ans: Post rich content: Use photos, videos, GIFs to attract more users.
Post regularly: Affinity is an important factor in EdgeRank.
Keep it short: Social media users don’t like to read paragraphs on social media. So keep it short and crisp.
Find the right time: Fresh content always get good EdgeRank so find the right time and schedule your post accordingly.
Engagement: If users engage with your content more, they will most likely to see your content again in their news feed, so design your content engagment friendly. Likes, Shares and Comments increase your EdgeRank.
- How social media helps SEO?
Ans: Social media content gets indexed in search engines. Social media profiles rank in search results. Social media channels act as search engines so, people search about a brand/business in social media. So, having a good social media profile is essential to increase brand awareness.
Making your website and blog posts social media sharing-friendly let them reach more people and increase your social traffic. And, more links and more traffics, of course, make search engines notice you, in a good way.
- How to use Instagram for social media marketing?
Ans: We can use Instagram for social media marketing by
- Utilizing product teasers that could urge people to purchase.
- Using sponsored ads to reach more targeted audience.
- Finding and connecting with influencers.
- Crafting a consistent brand on Instagram.
- Conducting competitor analysis and find their strengths and weaknesses.
- Posting at the right times.
- Making use of Instagram analytics.
- How can you increase post reachability on Instagram?
Ans: To widen your post reach, you can use hashtags. A mix of popular & trending hashtags combined with general hashtags can increase discoverability of your post. Using 4-5 hashtags in one post is good.
- Is outreach important for Social Media Marketing?
Ans: Outreach can significantly affect a business. Guest blogging is one of the most popular and widely discussed methods of outreach. Similarly, social media is equally powerful. You can connect with influencers in your industry via social media. You can communicate with them and help them to promote their content to build relationships. This will set a base to reach out for a guest blogging opportunity and you can boost you’ll have a chance of success. This will also attract your audience.
- What is the use of hashtags (#)?
Ans: Hashtags are used to make a word or text a keyword on social media platforms. It is used on Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- How To Earn Money Through Facebook?
Ans: There are lots of way to earn money using Facebook; Sell Fan Page, Sell FB Group, Charge for per Post on your Facebook Fan Page etc.
- What is the use of Google Analytics in social media marketing?
Ans: Google Analytics helps to track the amount of traffic directed towards your website from various social media channels.
- What is RSS feed and why is it beneficial?
Ans: RSS, abbreviated as Rich Site Summary is an XML file that pushes content into the website so that user cans subscribe to their feed.
There are various benefits of RSS feed, such as:
- Getting a wider audience for the content
- Better feeding of content to users
- Email subscriptions
- Live Bookmarking
- What is an online reputation crisis?
Ans: An online reputation crisis is a situation where the reputation of the company over social media is destroyed due to some negative consequences or wrong SMO strategy adopted.
Some Stats Related to Scope of Digital Marketing in 2020 & Beyond in India:
- The growth of India’s digital advertising industry is now at 33.5%.
- The value of the digital marketing industry will exceed the INR 225 billion marks by 2020.
- By 2020, in India digital Industry will produce more than 20 lakhs job.
- In the financial year, 2016–17 digital marketing in India has reached the $1 billion mark.
- Digital advertising is likely to grow at an average of 14% annually.
- Digital media is expected to grow up to 24% by 2020 which now stands around 12% of the overall ad share.
- The largest share of the total digital advertisement spends is the search (Google, Yahoo and Bing) and display (Display Network on sites and Social media).
- Customers of the new generation check their smart devices every 5.6 minutes.
- There are 220 Million users who are accessing digital services through their smartphones.
- In December 2016, the number of internet users in India was at 295.39 million.
- By 2017 the number of internet users in India has reached 437 million.
- The number of internet users by 2021 in India is estimated to reach 601 million.
- The number of users in India is growing at a very fast pace at 38%.
Digital advertising growth (economic times):
- 2017: Rs 8,202 crore
- 2018F: Rs 10,851 crore
- 2019F: Rs 14,354 crore
- 2020F: Rs 18,986 crore
- Biggest spenders – E-Commerce, FMCG, Telecom and BFSI
- Digital ad formats – Social media -28%, Search -26%, Display – 21%, Video – 19%
- 21% of the Indian population accesses Internet daily by 2017
- 85% of the Internet user base spends up to 1/4th of their waking hours on the Internet.
Average Salary for Digital Marketers across Indian Metros:
Job Roles –> Average Yearly Salary in INR
Digital Marketing/SEO/PPC/Social Media Fresher (0-1 year experience): 2,50,000 — 4,00,000
Digital Marketing/SEO/PPC/Social Media Specialist (1-4 years experience): 4,00,000 — 6,00,000
Digital Marketing/SEO/PPC/Social Media Team Lead (4-6 years experience): 6,00,000 — 8,00,000
Digital Marketing/SEO/PPC/Social Media Manager(6-8 years experience): 8,00,000 — 10,00,000
Digital Marketing Manager(8-10 years experience): 10,00,000 — 12,00,000
Digital Marketing Manager with Marketing Background(10-12 years experience): 16,00,000 — 19,00,000
Digital Marketing Manager Non Marketing Background(10-12 years experience): 12,00,000 — 15,00,000
Head of Marketing online/offline Marketing Background(10-12 years experience): 35,00,000 — 50,00,000
Note: These salaries are largely dependant on the following parameters:
- The results you bring.
- The creativity you showcase.
- The award winning campaigns you design.
- The industry you work for.
- The volume of revenues for the company you work for.
- The volume of revenues you bring for the company through Digital Marketing.
Demand in Digital Marketing:
Over the last few years Digital Marketing in India has witnessed an exponential growth and by the end of the year, 2020 it is expected to generate over 20 Lac jobs per year.
Jobs in Digital Marketing:
Below are Digital Marketing jobs which were available on some job portals in 2017.
- Naukri: 3,00,547
- Timesjobs: 2,94,530
- Shine: 2,01,461
- Monster: 65,041
- Total Jobs: Nearly 8L
Digital Marketing Job Profiles:
Here’s a list of the various digital marketing positions available for those seeking a career in this arena:
- Digital marketing strategist
- Digital marketing executive
- Web content manager
- SEO analyst
- Social media specialist
- Online Leads manager
- Google AdWords specialist
- Email Marketing specialist
- eCommerce specialist
- Online leads manager
- Web analyst
- Online reputation manager
Future Scope of Digital Marketing Growth:
The changes are continuously happening day by day, 50% population of India is now reading the newspaper online instead of off line. In India, only digital marketing is the industry that is booming more than a 30% rate year over. It is expected that only this industry can produce more than 20 lakh jobs in India by 2020.